John and Peter were cousins. They were born sometime in the fourteenth century. Both professed vows as Augustinians at the Monastery of Saint Augustine in Fabriano, Ancona, Italy.
John, who had taught at Rimini, earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Theology in 1385. He then was sent to Oxford, England for further study. There he earned his Master’s in Theology.
He returned to Italy and was appointed Director of the Augustinian House of Studies in Perugia.
The date of John’s death is not known. We know that he was still living in 1420, as a letter written by him on May 7 of that year is preserved in the Archives of the Order in Rome.
Documents show that Peter was studying for the Degree of Lector in Theology in 1385. He was professor in the Augustinian House of Studies in Rimini in 1388.
While he was in Rimini the Prior General appointed him Visitator to investigate a complaint that had been made about that house. Later Peter was professor in Venice.
Greatly devoted to the Passion of Christ, Peter made a pilgrimage to the Holy Land to visit the tomb of Jesus.
The date of Peter’s death is not known. We know that he was still living in 1421, as there is record of the Prior General having written a letter to him on February 20 of that year.
Both Peter and John died at Fabriano. Their remains are preserved at the Church of Saint Augustine there.